This feature makes it is possible for users to register and/or login to your app.
You have the option of making this a required feature, or as an additional functionality to, for example, allow access to a customer loyalty card or to send a personal message push to a user.
Registration can accomplished using an email address but can also be done using Facebook, Twitter, or Google +.
It is also possible to require users to register before they can view the content of your app.
Please make sure you have a good reason to let users login. During the review process, Apple usually wants to know why this has been activated and can ask questions to you regarding your reasoning. If they feel the app does not qualify for this feature, they may reject the app.
User Registration can be used for the following features:
- Private push messages
- Loyalty Card
- Chat (currently in early beta)
- "Authorization Level" option in the Lock block
- Open your app in the design platform at design.appmachine.com
- Navigate to the “Users” section in the left vertical menu.
- This feature is not enabled, by default.
- Enable "User Registration", a number of possibilities will appear.
- Determine by what means you want people to be able to register.
- Optional: If you prefer to have more oversight over who can register in the app, deselect all additional registration options and leave only the “Mail” option selected. Deselect the option under “Mail” too.
- Provide a reason for why User Registration has been activated so that this can be sent to Apple during publication.
- The last option at the bottom of this screen is the setting that requires that people first need to login / register before they can use the app.
“App users” tab
In this tab, you will be able to see all the users that have registered in your app along with some added information about the user.
By clicking on the “X” next to a user’s name, you can remove the user from the app’s user log.
By clicking on the pencil icon next to the user, you will be able to edit the information about this user as well as send them a “Reset Password” email, should they request it.