The loyalty card allows large retailers to small shop owners to award credits to loyal customers and offer them redeemable discounts and specials based on these points. Customers will be given a unique QR code that is scannable by the shop owner on his device. Every scan will award the customer a number of credits that will earn them deals determined by the app owner.
- Adding the Loyalty Card building block
- The Loyalty Card Block Settings
- Using the Loyalty Card Feature
Adding the Loyalty Card building block
- Click on Add block.
- Select the Loyalty Card block and click Next.
- Fill in the name of the block.
- Click on the icon if you want to change the image used in the menu.
- When you’re done, click Finish.
The Loyalty Card Block Settings
The Loyalty Card building block editor is composed of four editing screens; "List," "Settings," "Customers," and "Design."
The settings in the "Settings" screen determine how your block will function, "List" allows you maintain the content of the block, "Customers" gives you an overview of registered users and the settings in the "Design" screen determine the block's aesthetics should you choose to customize this block.
This is where you add reward items that can be redeemed using points accumulated by shopping at your store. Click here to read more about working with "List" settings.
There are several aspects of your "Loyalty Card" block that can be changed in this screen; the registration text, The registration confirmation text, the registration bonus (number of points awarded for registering), the "Register" button text, the Terms and Conditions of the loyalty program, selection of registration steps, the icon (or image) that will be used in the app menu, and the "Rewards" button text.
Should the need arise to keep the users of your published app from using this portion of the app, then you can always make use of the "Activated" sliding selector.
Slide the selector to "OFF" to keep users from seeing the Loyalty Card block. Now you can continue developing your app without worrying about users coming upon areas that you haven't finished developing as of yet. Once you are satisfied with your progress, slide the selector back to "ON" to publish this portion of your app.
Under the Customers Settings tab you can edit the information for each customer manually should this be necessary. To change the role of a certain user, find them in the list and select the desired role from the drop down menu.
In general, the roles that can be assigned work as follows:
Unauthorized: Isn't a client and and is not registered for a loyalty card. Requires account activation or verification.
Authorized and Customer: Can log in to the app and/or are registered for a loyalty card.
Employee: An employee can scan a customer's loyalty card QR code and assign points to users or help them redeem prizes they've earned.
Manager and Boss: Have extra rights in terms of points and user management. A Boss ranks above a Manager. Bosses can send push messages from the app.
Please note: Only Authorized users and Customers can receive reward points.
The "Designer" screen allows your to make highly detailed changes to your building block. "Designer" gives the developer a remarkable amount of freedom to adjust everything exactly as he or she would like it. "Designer" is not available to all users. If you'd like to know more about how "Designer" works, click here.
Using the Loyalty Card Feature
According to the roles assigned to the users of the app, the Loyalty Card block functions differently.
As a merchant, you enter the Loyalty Card just like all other users. You will use the loyalty card area to reward customers credits that they can later redeem for prizes or discounts.
- To award points to customers, complete the following steps:
- Go to the Loyalty Card feature in your app. It will open to your user profile and personal QR code.
- Click on the "Merchant" button in the top right corner.
- Scan the customer's personal QR code with your device.
- Add or subtract points to the user under "Customer Info" and hit "Confirm" to reward the points to him/her.
- If you've made a mistake, go back to the QR code scanner and tap on "Administration." Find the user's name in the list and tap on it to get the same "Customer Info" page. Make the appropriate adjustments.
- To assign a different role/authorization level, do the following:
- Scan the user's personal QR code or select them from the "Administration" page.
- Press the "Change Authorization level" button, select the role you'd like to give that person and press the "Change Authorization level" button again to confirm.
Customers who enter the loyalty card feature can view the total number of points they have earned, check on the rewards that are available, and offer these QR codes to the merchant to get more points or redeem one of the rewards.
- To get your reward points:
- Present your personal QR code (first page in the loyalty card feature) to the merchant for scanning.
- The merchant will then assign the appropriate amount of points or credits to you.
- To redeem a reward:
- Go to the first page of the loyalty card feature in the app.
- Press the "Rewards" button and pick a reward you are interested in and qualify for based on the number of points you have.
- Push the "Redeem" button at the top of the page.
- Present the reward QR code to the merchant for scanning. The appropriate number of points will be deducted from your account.