Allows you to lock certain content unless the app user meets certain requirements. The block can be unlocked using a password, QR-code, authorization level, User Group members or GPS location.
Adding the Lock block
- Click on Add block.
- Select the Lock block on the Plus Tab and click Next.
- Select if you want to unlock the content below with an Authorization Level, GPS Location, Password or a QR-code.
- Click Next.
- Fill in the name of the block.
- Click on the icon if you want to change the image used in the menu.
- Edit provides a wide range of image editing options for you to manipulate your icon image.
- Replace allows you to choose from a wide range of AppMachine icons or upload your own.
- Remove removes the icon so that only text is used.
- Password: Fill in the password and click the Save button;
- QR Code: Fill the QR-code value with the same text/URL you used to generate the QR-code. You can generate a QR-code at http://goqr.me
- GPS Location: Fill in the address of the location that unlocks the content and a radius around that location in which unlocking should work.
- Authorization Level: Users need to have the required authorization level in order to access this content.
- User Groups: Users need to be members of a specific user group or groups to access this content.
- All blocks located under one Lock block can be unlocked with the same password, QR Code, GPS location or Authorization level.
- Once the block has been unlocked, all other blocks under the same lock block are unlocked.
- Once the content is unlocked and you change the password afterwards, the content will not be automatically locked again. If you want to lock new content, you need to add a new lock block and place the content under the new block.
- The Lock block doesn't appear as an actual button or tab in your app but applies a lock screen to the blocks found within it. For this reason, the Lock block's name and icon will not be seen in the app.
Customizing the Field Descriptions
- Select the Lock block in your app.
- Make sure the Settings tab is selected.
- Customize the following fields
- Lock image: The message that will be shown in the screen before the user unlocked the block;
- Description: The text that is shown to the user, before the screen is unlocked. Tell them where they can find the unlock code or password and what they will find after they have unlocked the block;
- Lock type: if the block is protected using a password or a QR-code;
- Value: the value which needs to be filled in to unlock the content behind.
Configuring the Lock block
Now that you've added the "Lock" block, it's time to configure it. There are only two settings screens available here: Settings and Design.
Settings allows you to influence how the block will function and the Design settings will determine the aesthetics of the block.
Here you can change a number of things like:
- the name of the building block
- the icon that will show up in the app menu
- the values of the different Lock block fields.
Should the need arise to keep the users of your published app from using this portion of the app, then you can always make use of the "ON/OFF" sliding selector.
Slide the selector to "OFF" to keep users from seeing the Lock block. Now you can continue developing your app without worrying about users coming upon areas that you haven't finished developing as of yet. Once you are satisfied with your progress, slide the selector back to "ON" to publish this portion of your app.
These settings allow you to make aesthetic changes to your app in magnificent detail. If you'd like to know more about how Design works, click here.