Starting now you can send a user a personal push message. You can do this from the Designer (our app builder) and the Reseller CMS.
To send a user a personal push message he or she must be registered in the app.
To look up a specific user use the App Users tab in the Users section (left vertical menu). This can be done in design.appmachine.com and the Reseller CMS.
- Select a user and click on the "Edit" pencil.
- Go to the Push Messages tab and click on "Send Push Message"
If your app contains a Push Message block, the user will be able to refer back to the personal push message in this block. Only this user will see this personal push message. Other users will not receive this message on their devices or see it in the Push Message section.
If you want to send a personal push message from your app you will first need to be registered as "Boss". This will grant you access to the Administration button in your app. In the Administration section you will find a list of all registered users. To send one of these users a personal push message, follow these steps.
- Select the user you'd like to send the message to in the list.
- Enter the text of the message you'd like to send.
- Hit Send.
- The last store update of your app needs to have been submitted after May 1st, 2015 for you to have access to these features.
- We recommend testing this on a second device before using it with clients.
- Never send passwords or sensitive information via personal push messages.
If you have any questions or issues regarding this feature, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Our support team would be happy to help you to configure your app.