In the iOS Setup wizard, Appmachine can create an App Bundle Identifier for you. We advice you strongly to use that option and NOT use the steps described in this article.
The App Bundle Identifier is not shown to customers at all, so you shouldn't care that we autogenerate the App Bundle ID in this format: com.app.a1234ab
We advice you to click on the button Create new app bundle identifier in the screen below
[To do: update image of Flutter publishing process | link your app screen]
This article explains what to do if you want your own naming convention for your App Bundle ID.
After you have created that, you will need to use this App Bundle Id while Creating a new app record in App Store Connect.
- Login with your Apple Developer account on https://developer.apple.com/account/.
- Once logged in, navigate to the following page: https://developer.apple.com/account/resources/identifiers/list.
* Alternatively you can open the Certificates, Identifiers & Profiles page from the left-side menu, and then open the Identifiers page.
- Click the blue '+' button to create a new identifier for your app.
- Select the option 'App IDs' and click the Continue button to proceed to the next page.
- Select the 'App' type for your identifier and click Continue to proceed.
- On the next page, make sure the 'Explicit' bundle ID option is selected and enter the following values for your app identifier:
This is used as a reference to be able to identify your App ID within the Apple Developer Portal environment. Common practise is to use the app's name for this, without any special characters. The description is not visible to your app users.
- Bundle ID
The bundle ID is the technical identifier of your app. Although this identifier is not directly visible to any of your app users, the bundle ID is used as a technical reference in Apple's backend systems. Common practise is to use a reverse-domain name style notation for this. (example: com.yourcompanyname.yourappname)
Scroll down the page and enable the 'Push Notifications' option before using the Continue button to proceed.
- After clicking the Continue button you will be able to look over your App ID settings once more to make sure everything is entered correctly before using the 'Register' button to complete the App ID registration.
When you've completed the App Bundle ID registration process, follow the instructions in this article Creating a new app record in App Store Connect.
After that, you can navigate back to AppMachine and restart the publishing process. During the publishing process you should now be able to select the newly created App ID for the publication of your AppMachine app.