Allows users to send an e-mail with the click of a button. The building block also allows you to enter a predetermined subject. Clicking on the menu item created by the "Email" block opens an email client on the user's smartphone without going to a different screen first.
This allows users to quickly send you an email without needing to remember or type out your e-mail address.
Adding the Email building block
- Click on Add block.
- Select the Email block and click Next.
- Fill in the recipient email address.*
- Fill in the subject line that will be displayed as a default.
- Click Next.
- Fill in the name of the block.
- Click on the icon if you want to change the image used in the menu.
- Edit provides a wide range of image editing options for you to manipulate your icon image.
- Replace allows you to choose from a wide range of AppMachine icons or upload your own.
- Remove removes the icon so that only text is used.
When you’re done, click Finish.
* AppMachine will check if you've entered a valid email address format and confirm its validity with a green checkmark. AppMachine doesn't check whether the email address you've submitted is active so please check for spelling errors.
Configuring the Email building block
Now that you've added the "Email" building block, it's time to configure it. There are only two settings screens available here: Settings and Design.
Settings allows you to influence how the block will function and the Design settings will determine the aesthetics of the block.
Here you can change a number of things like:
- The name of the building block
- The icon that will show up in the app menu
- The email address
- The subject line
Should the need arise to keep the users of your published app from using this portion of the app, then you can always make use of the "ON/OFF" sliding selector.
Slide the selector to "OFF" to keep users from seeing the Events block. Now you can continue developing your app without worrying about users coming upon areas that you haven't finished developing as of yet. Once you are satisfied with your progress, slide the selector back to "ON" to publish this portion of your app.
These settings allow you to make aesthetic changes to your app in magnificent detail. If you'd like to know more about how Design works, click here.