The following information describes the process for obtaining a Twitter API key for your AppMachine app. This key allows you to make authorized requests for data. Each API key can only be used for one app. If you have several AppMachine apps that you want to publish, you'll have to go through this process for each of those apps that use Twitter.
In this tutorial we assume that you either have a basic Twitter account without access to the development environment, or no Twitter account at all.
1. Go to https://developer.twitter.com/en/apps and log in using your twitter account. If you don't have a Twitter account, create one at https://twitter.com/signup - After logging in you can click the "Create an App" button on the top of the screen:
2. Accept the initial terms and apply for an application by clicking the "Apply" button.
3. You'll be sent to a page where you need to fill in some essential information about you and the purpose of your app. Hit the "Next" button after completing.
4. Next you'll need to read and accept the "Developer agreement & policy". Read and understand it, and accept it to continue.
5. You may be asked to verify your email address now. Please do this and continue.
6. After verifying your email you'll be prompted to enter a name for your app and click the "Get keys" button:
7. Next you'll get your keys. Store them somewhere save. Twitter advises you to treat these keys as passwords.
8. Go to https://design.appmachine.com and log into your AppMachine account.
9. Click Publish
10. Click Manage > Integrations in the left side navigation bar
11. Scroll down to the Twitter section and fill in your API Key and API Key Secret:
12. Save it and you're done!