Allows you to display albums and tracks, provide music previews and buy these straight from the iTunes Store.
- Adding the Discography block
- Editing the content of the Discography block
- Configuring the Discography block
AppMachine will import the selected albums and tracks with the album art. Users will have the option to listen to a 30 second preview in the app and buy the track or album if they feel so inclined.
Adding the Discography block
- Click on Add block.
- Select the Discography block in the Plus section and click Next.
- Select your source and click Next.
- Submit the name of the artist into the app Wizard.
- Select the albums that you would like to import and click Next.
- Fill in the name of the block.
- Click on the iconif you want to change the image used in the menu.
- Edit provides a wide range of image editing options for you to manipulate your icon image.
- Replace allows you to choose from a wide range of AppMachine icons or upload your own.
- Remove removes the icon so that only text is used.
When you’re done, click Finish.
Editing the content of the Discography block
Edit the content in the List Settings of your Discography block.
Adding new content
- Select the Discography block in your app.
- Select the List tab.
- Click on the + icon to add new content. See instructions above if you need help adding new content.
Editing your content
Hover the cursor over an existing entry to edit, rearrange or delete it.
- Edit: select the pen icon and edit the content. When you're done click on Save to save or on the home icon to return without saving.
- Rearrange: grab the handle on the right side of your entry to rearrange the order it will be displayed in the app.
- Delete: click on the garbage can to delete the entry from your block.
Configuring the Discography block
Configure your block using the List, Settings and Design screens.
Settings allow you to influence how the block will function, List allows you maintain the content of the block and the Design settings will determine the aesthetics of the block.
Change a number of things like:
- The name of the building block
- The icon that will show up in the app menu
- The album view
- Enabling sharing of the songs via email, Twitter or Facebook
Should the need arise to keep the users of your published app from using this portion of the app, then you can always make use of the "ON/OFF" sliding selector.
Slide the selector to "OFF" to keep users from seeing the Call block. Now you can continue developing your app without worrying about users coming upon areas that you haven't finished developing as of yet. Once you are satisfied with your progress, slide the selector back to "ON" to publish this portion of your app.
This is where you add discography sources. Click here to read more about working with "List" settings.
Make aesthetic changes to your app in magnificent detail. If you'd like to know more about how Design works, click here.