This article explains:
- How to enable two-factor authentication on your Apple Developer account.
- How to setup your Apple device to receive authentication codes.
Before you will be able to enable two-factor authentication in your Apple ID settings, you will first have to login to your Apple Developer account on your Apple device and enable two-factor authentication.
If you're already using two-step verification and want to switch to two-factor authentication, then turn off two-step verification before continuing. View the link at the bottom of this article for more information on how to switch between these two verification options.
On your iPhone or iPad:
- Go to Settings.
- Tap Sign in to your [device].*
- Enter your Apple Developer account username and password.
- Complete the sign in.
- Tap Password & Security.
- Tap Turn On Two-Factor Authentication.
- Tap Continue.
On your iMac or MacBook:
- Go to the Apple Menu.
- Open System Preferences.
- Click on iCloud.
- Enter your Apple Developer account username and password.*
- Complete the sign in.
- Click Account Details.
- Click Security.
- Click Turn On Two-Factor Authentication.
* If you're already signed in with another Apple ID, sign out of this Apple ID in order to be able to sign in with your Apple Developer account.
Once you're logged in on your Apple device, follow these steps to enable two-factor authentication on your Apple Developer account.
- Login with your Apple Developer account on https://appleid.apple.com/.
- In the Security section, locate the 'Two-Factor Authentication' and click 'Get started'.
Note: Two-Step Verification is not the same as Two-Factor Authentication. If Two-Factor Authentication is not available, you do not have a linked Apple device. You will have to make sure that you're logged in on an Apple device with your Apple Developer account.
- Follow the steps to enable two-factor authentication.
After completing the steps, two-factor authentication should be enabled on your Apple Developer account. You can confirm this by attempting to login on https://developer.apple.com/account/. After entering your credentials you will be prompted for a 6-digit verification code. This code will be sent to the Apple device on which you're logged in with the Apple Developer account.
For more information and troubleshooting, please view the following articles by Apple: