**Starting May 29, 2019, Android push notifications will be moved to the Firebase platform**
- During the Complete configuration step, after allowing AppMachine access to your Firebase account, your Firebase project is configured. In some cases, the message Verifying... remains on screen. If this remains on screen for more than 30 seconds, click the Complete configuration button again.
- Users may experience issues when using the Sign in with Google button in Internet Explorer and Edge browsers. To resolve this issue, please divert to alternative browsers like Google Chrome, Safari, or Firefox.
- For more information, please visit the Firebase FAQ.
This article provides a step-by-step guide on how and where to:
- Create a Firebase account.
- Create a Firebase project.
- Find your Firebase Project ID.
- Find your Firebase Server key.
- Complete the configuration of your Firebase project via AppMachine.
After completing the steps below, you will have successfully set your app up to be published with Firebase push notification support.
- Navigate to https://firebase.google.com/.
- Click Get Started.
- Login with your Google account.
- On the welcome screen, click Add project.
- Enter a name for your project.
- Accept the terms of service.
- Click Create project.
- Click Continue to open your project.
- From the left-side menu, click on the settings icon to open the Project settings page.
- Open the General settings page and copy the Project ID.
- Open the Cloud Messaging settings page and copy the Server key.
- Enter the Project ID and Server key on the Push Messages page of your app in AppMachine and save your changes.
- Click the 'Sign in with Google' button to complete the configuration of your Firebase project. During this process our system will automatically create configure your app within the specified Firebase project.
When prompted for your Google account, please login to the Google account on which you've created your Firebase project.
- Grant AppMachine access to the requested permissions, and complete the process by confirming your choices.
- After allowing AppMachine access to Cloud Platform and Firebase services, we will automatically create a Firebase app within your Firebase project.
- On success, you will be notified that the apps have been added to the project.
Note: if 'Verifying...' remains on screen for more than 30 seconds, please click the Sign in with Google button again.
When your app has been successfully configured, use the Update button on the Publish page in AppMachine to process these changes in your live app.