This article provides a step-by-step guide on how to authorise an additional user to your Google Play developer account. An authorised user can be helpful if:
- Your main Google Play developer account has access to multiple developer teams.
- You don't feel comfortable sharing your main Google Play developer credentials in our system.
- You're having trouble validating your Google Play developer credentials in our system.
Authorising a new user to your existing Google Play developer account is free. After completing the steps in this document you will have a new (additional) Google account which can be used to access your existing Google Play developer console.
How to add an additional user to your Google Play developer account.
- Logout of all Google services.
- Navigate to https://gmail.com and register a new Gmail account. (e.g.: YourAppNamefirstname.lastname@example.org)
- After successfully registering a new Gmail account, logout of Google.
- Navigate to https://play.google.com/apps/publish/ and login with your existing Google Play developer account.
- After logging in to the Google Play developer console, go to Settings -> Users & permissions.
- Click the "Invite new user" button in the top-right corner of the screen.
- When prompted for an email address, enter the email address you've created in step 2, and give the user Administrator rights.
- Logout of the Google Play developer console.
- Navigate to https://gmail.com and login with the new account created in step 2.
- Open and accept the invitation mail you've sent yourself in step 7.
After completing the steps above, you've created a new user in your Google Play developer console. You will be able to use the email address and password of this new user to publish your app in AppMachine.