The AppMachine platform offers two types of updates; Store Updates and Content Updates.
Content Updates vs Store Updates
When you update your app, AppMachine will submit either a Content Update or a Store Update. Which update is submitted depends on the changes that you have made to the app since its last update.
- Include the most basic updates to your app's design and content.
- Usually available within 10-15 minutes.
- Publishing information: Required for changes to the app icon, the store screenshots or to the store information.
- New permissions: Required if the app now includes a block that was not available at the time of the last store update that requires a new permission from the users' device. Example: Adding a QR code scanner block that requires access to the devices' camera.
- Bug fixes: Required to fix bugs in the code.
- Store Updates can take about 1-2 business days to process for Android apps and 5-10 business days for iOS apps.
If you run into any issues with updating your app, please contact our support department through email@example.com.