So, you've included your own data into your app using either the Excel or Web Service building block. However the amount of data being presented to the user is fairly large and you would like to add search and filter options.
In this short how-to article we will walk you through the few simple steps you have to complete.
- A Excel or Web Service block already setup and ready to use inside your app.
In order to set up either search or filtering you have to complete a few simple steps:
- Open your app and select the Excel or Web Service building block;
- Select the Advanced tab;
- Expand / click on the Searching group;
- Click in the Search bar fields text box and select the fields that should be searchable.
- If you would like to setup filtering instead of searching just perform the same action but this time using the Filter fields text box.
- Save the changes and you will be all set and ready to search through your data!
You can actually combine Searching and Filtering to make finding the right data even easier for the users of your app.
Need more help?
In case you need any more help using our Pro features you might want to check out these articles:
- Web Service - Frequently Asked Questions
- Get the most out of your data using our advanced templating system