- Google Play Developer accounts that have special characters in the password may not be able to pass the first step of the publishing process. To resolve this issue, please change your account password on https://myaccount.google.com/.
- Google Play Developer accounts that have access to multiple Google Play developer consoles are not supported. Multiple Google Play developer team support is currently in development.
This article provides additional information on the Manual Google Publishing process. This process allows users to publish Android apps on Google Play developer accounts. This process offers support for the following verification methods:
- 2-Step login verification via SMS.
- 2-Step login verification via Gmail prompt.
- Unusual sign in : verification via recovery email.
- Unusual sign in : verification via recovery phone number.
* An unusual sign in is triggered by a sign in to Google from a location unusual to your regular login behaviour. If you regularly login from a location other than our headquarters, verification may be required in order for our system to be able to publish your app.
The process consists of two phases:
- Pre-publishing: Making sure your account is ready to use for publishing.
- Publishing: Submitting the app to the Google Play Store.
Pre-publishing: Making sure your account is ready to use for publishing.
Due to the manual publishing process still being in development, error handling and feedback is not yet optimised. We appreciate your understanding for this.
To make sure your account can be used to publish an app via the manual publishing process, please verify the requirements below are met.
- The account is able to login directly to the Google Play developer console on https://play.google.com/apps/publish/?hl=en. Accounts on which logins outside of the regular Google login pages are required are not supported.
- The account has sufficient rights to create, edit, and release apps to production.
- The account does not have access to multiple Google Play developer consoles.
- All pending agreements have been accepted.
- The account has at least an email recovery or phone recovery configured in the security settings, or the account is protected with 2-step login verification.
Publishing: Submitting the app to the Google Play Store.
The publishing process is executed live from start to end. The entire process may take anywhere between 15-30 minutes. If your account is protected with 2-step login verification, multiple verification codes will be required throughout the process. Due to the error handling still being in active development, it is very important that you take your time and provide the correct information.
If you run into any issues during this process, please contact email@example.com. In your request, please provide the following information:
- App name.
- App number.
Any additional information like screenshots and/or screencasts will be very helpful.