To allow Google to include your app's content in its search index, you need to add a portion of HTML code in your website's HTML header section.
<link rel="alternate" href="android-app://BUNDLE_ID/">
* Please note that in the code above, BUNDLE_ID is a placeholder text for your app's own bundle ID.
We've added this HTML code to AppMachine's website so that Google indexes our "AppMachine" app.
The "AppMachine" app is available for download via this link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.appmachine.appmachine
The download link above is important because it provides us with information required for creating the link that is needed in our website's header section. The information required is the "bundle ID". This is the information found in the download URL after "id=", in the case of the "AppMachine" app, this bundle ID is "com.appmachine.appmachine".
Therefore, the code we need to place in the header of our website becomes
<link rel="alternate" href="android-app://com.
For you to activate Google Indexing for your AppMachine Android app, please follow these steps:
- Publish your AppMachine app.
- Find the download URL for your AppMachine Android app.
- Determine what the Bundle ID of your app is.
- Add the following HTML code your website's header: <link rel="alternate" href="android-app://BUNDLE_ID/">