Displays PDF documents in the app.
This building block is a way of giving users more information using PDF documents.
Please note: PDF support on Android is available by default on devices with the Lollipop operating system. Android devices with older operating systems require some kind of PDF reader app to open these PDFs.
Max file size for each PDF is 5MB.
Adding the PDF building block
- Click on the + Block button.
- Select the PDF block and click Add Block and then Next.
- Fill in the desired name of the block.
- Click on the icon if you want to change the image used in the menu.
- When you’re done, click Finish.
Adding a PDF
- Select the PDF block in your app.
- Go to the Documents tab.
- Click on the Add button.
- Fill in the name you would like to give the document in the menu
- Click on the Select a File button.
- Select a file from your computer's library.
Editing an entry
Hover the cursor over an existing entry to edit, rearrange or delete it.
- Edit: select the pen icon to change the item's name or replace the PDF file. When you're done click on Save to save or on the home icon to return without saving.
- Rearrange: grab the handle on the right side of your entry to rearrange the order it will be displayed in the app.
- Delete: click on the garbage can to delete the entry from your block.
Configuring the PDF building block
The "PDF" building block editor is composed of two editing screens: "Documents" and "Design".
"Documents" allows you maintain the content of the block, and the settings in the "Design" screen determine its aesthetics.
There are several aspects of your "PDF" block that can be changed in this screen:
- the name of the block
- the icon (or image) that will be used in the app menu
Should the need arise to keep the users of your published app from using this portion of the app, then you can always make use of the "ON/OFF" sliding selector.
Slide the selector to "OFF" to keep users from seeing the "PDF" block. Now you can continue developing your app without worrying about users coming upon areas that you haven't finished developing as of yet. Once you are satisfied with your progress, slide the selector back to "ON" to publish this portion of your app.
This is where you add the documents to your app. Click here to read more about working with "List" settings.
The "Design" screen allows your to make highly detailed changes to your building block. "Design" gives the developer a remarkable amount of freedom to adjust everything exactly as he or she would like it. If you'd like to know more about how "Design" works, click here. The options in this particular block are slightly more limited than in other blocks as the screen will be dominated by the PDF document.