Google will be implementing new rules as of May 5th, 2015 that require apps to have their content rating applied to them via a questionnaire. To fill in this questionnaire, please follow the steps below.
- Navigate to https://play.google.com/apps/publish and login with your Google Play developer account.
- Select your app from the app dashboard.
- Navigate to the “Content Rating” page from the left-side menu.
- Select the category that best describes your app.
- Answer and save the questionnaire.
- Calculate the rating for your app.
- Apply the rating.
- Verify that the rating has been applied to your app.
- Now that a content rating has been applied to your app, you can publish or update your app in the Google Play Store using the “Publish app” or “Submit update” button in the top-right corner of the screen.