The following information describes the process for obtaining a Twitter API key for your AppMachine app. This key allows you to make authorized requests for data. Each API key can only be used for one app. If you have several AppMachine apps that you want to publish, you'll have to go through this process for each of those apps that use Twitter.
1. Go to https://apps.twitter.com/ and log in using your twitter account. If you don't have a Twitter account, create one at https://twitter.com/signup
2. Fill in the "Create an application" form, enter the CAPTCHA at the bottom (if applicable), and click on "Create your Twitter application." Use the information under your app's "Publish" tab to complete this form.
3. Click on "Create my access token" to generate your token. You may have to refresh your browser if it doesn't appear after a while.
4. Copy the following keys from your Twitter app
- Consumer key
- Consumer secret
- Access token
- Access token secret
5. Go to http://design.appmachine.com and log into your AppMachine account. Select the app you want to publish and got to the "Publish" tab. Towards the bottom of the screen you'll see the "Advanced" section. Click on "Twitter" and you'll find the fields to enter your data. Enter your newly acquired Twitter details here.
6. Make sure you save these details once you've entered them.