You did it! Your app is ready to be published! To start the process click on the "Publish" section in the left vertical menu.
The "Publish" tab consists of six sections; App Vitals, Payment, Apple App Store, Google Play Store, Information in App, and Advanced.
- App Vitals: Enter general details about the app, splashscreens and app icons here.
- Information in App: Enter your contact info and share texts here.
- Apple App Store: Enter all the details that Apple requires for submission to their App Store here.
- Google Play Store: Enter the details for the Google Play Store here.
- Payment: Finalize the submission of your app and pay for it. Updates are also handled here.
- Advanced: Enter social media API ID keys and Google Analytics keys here.
Triggering the Publication of your App
Once you're happy with the app that you've built, you can activate your AppMachine subscription and submit the app to the stores for review and publication.
To do so, please follow these steps:
- Click on "Buy Now"
- Select the monthly or yearly subscription plan for your app type
- Select the "No-Branding app" option if you'd like all mention of AppMachine to be removed from the app. Click Next.
- Enter your Billing Information. Click Next.
- Click "Start Payment" to launch the payment portal.
- Complete the information in the payment portal and walk through payment confirmation steps.
- Once you've completed the payment successfully, you will be redirected back to the Publish section of your app. You will be asked to fill out the Developer Credentials for iOS and Google Play Developer. For more information about filling out this information, please visit these links:
- Entering your iOS Developer Account Credentials
- Entering your Google Play Developer Account Credentials
- Once the developer credentials have been completed, and all of the required information on the Publish page has been completed, you can submit the app for publication by clicking on "Publish"
Please note that the publishing and review process can take 2-3 working days for Android and 5 working days for Apple (assuming the app is not rejected due to review guideline violations).
Advanced - Facebook AppID Link
To make sure that your Facebook building block works you need to link the app with a Facebook AppID requested by you. You can find more about how to do this here.
Advanced - Google Analytics Link
AppMachine apps have a powerful analytics dashboard. This dashboard displays detailed information about how your app is being used. If you'd like to have an even more detailed overview of how people are using your app and navigating your website you'll need to link the app with a Google Analytics Tracking ID. You can read more about how to do this below.
Your website should already be using Google Analytics for this to work. If your website does not make use of Google Analytics yet then we recommend you start doing so. It's free and can grant you access to a lot of information about how people are using your website. If you do already use Google Analytics please follow these steps:
- Go to https://www.google.com/analytics and and log in.
- Click on your site.
- Click on Admin in the top right corner.
- Click on Account List in the top left corner.
- Click on the "+ New Property" button.
- Click on "website".
- Under "Website Name" enter the name of your app (here "My Own App").
- Under "Website URL" enter your website's URL ( here "myownapp.com").
- Enter your timezone and Industry Category.
- Click on "Get Tracking ID". You will be provided with a code that looks like this 'UA-12257899-2'
- Enter this code at AppMachine in the Google Analytics field. You don't need to enter this code on your website. This one is unique to the app.
Advanced - Twitter
To make sure the Twitter building block works well you'll need to enter some information. To find out more, click here.