Step 1: iOS Developer Program
Step 2: Apple ID
Step 3: Account information
Step 4: Select program
Where will the information be shown?
Please note that registering as a company will require additional information. Please visit https://developer.apple.com/support/ios/ for more information.
iOS Developer Program
- Navigate to http://developer.apple.com/programs/ and click on “Enroll”. Read the information on the following page and click “Start Your Enrollment”.
- If you already have an Apple ID, you can use this to login. Note that your or your company’s apps will be published on this account.
* If you intend to enroll in a paid Developer Program for business purposes, you may prefer to create a new Apple ID that is dedicated to your business transactions and used for accounting purposes with Apple. If your Apple ID is associated with an existing iTunes Connect account, please create a new Apple ID to avoid accounting and reporting issues.
- Choose the option that is applicable to you and click on the appropriate button.
- Read and accept the Apple Developer Agreement
- On the next page choose whether you are enrolling as an individual or as a company.
- If you have chosen to login with an existing account you will be prompted by Apple to login with your Apple ID. Do so, and proceed to the next step.
- If you have chosen to create a new Apple ID, fill in the requested information and click “Continue”. All fields are required and use of special characters is not allowed. (eg. é, ñ, ü)
- After logging in or creating an Apple ID you are asked to complete your professional profile. Select the options that are applicable to you and click “Continue”.
- Selling apps in the App Store requires you to select the option “iOS”.
- When asked for the amount of years you have been developing for Apple platforms, choose “New to Apple platforms”. Fill out the rest of the fields and click “Continue”.
- You will receive an email from Apple containing a verification code. Enter this code on the following page and click “Continue”.
- Fill out the billing information on the next page and click “Continue”.
- When prompted to select a program, choose the option “iOS Developer Program”.
- On the following page you are asked to review the information you have provided. After doing so, click “Continue” to proceed.
- Read and accept the “iOS Developer Program License Agreement” on the next page and click “Continue”.
- In the penultimate step, you will be asked to complete your payment to Apple. The checkout process may vary from country to country; please follow the steps provided by Apple to complete your Developer Account registration.
Developer license in Apple App Store
Apple shows the name of the developer license in the App Store at the following places:
- On the detailpage of an App, just below the name of the app;
- On the detailpage of an app, as the developer;
- The link to the developer website is also from your developer account.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Is there a way to have the developer name that shows in the Apple Store display our company name as opposed to my personal name?
If you want to change the developer name in your Apple account, then you can contact Apple about this. https://developer.apple.com/contact/phone.php