This block can be used to let users scan QR Codes from within your app. Based on the information stored in the QR Code the appropriate action will be taken. E.g. When a phone number is present in the QR Code the user will be asked if they want to call the specified phone number.
The QR Scanner will keep track of scanned QR Codes so users can review their scanning history.
Setting up the QR Scanner
- Go to https://design.appmachine.com and log in;
- Open an existing app or create a new app to get started;
- Click the "Add block" button;
- Select the "Plus" tab;
- Select the "QR Scanner" block and click "Add block";
- Click "Next" and give your block a name. Click "Finish" to add the block to your app;
Now your QR Scanner is ready and can be used to scan QR Codes. You can configure the look and feel of the scanner by customizing the scanner image, adding a header image or placing some additional text onto the screen.
Linking the QR Scanner to an Excel or Web Service block
We've integrated the possibility to link the QR Scanner to an Excel or Web Service block. Doing so will use the information inside the QR Code to apply a filter on the data in your Excel or Web Service block.
- An app with a QR Scanner block;
- An app with an Excel or Web Service block;
To link the QR Scanner to an Excel or Web Service block follow the steps below:
- Make sure you've performed the steps liste above to add the QR Scanner to your app;
- Select the QR Scanner block;
- In the Settings group please select the Excel or Web Service block you want to use as the source. To do so, click on the expand button next to the List field:
- Select the Excel or Web Service block;
- Next select the field that should be used to filter the data in your Excel or Web Service block with the content of the QR Code;
- Save your changes and now the content from every QR Code that will be scanned using this block will be used as a filter on the specified Excel or Web Service block;
Tip: If you want to try out this functionality you can use our Excel Flower Shop Demo file and specify the Category field as the filter field. With the attached QR Code you will see just the flowers matching the Birthday category.